Stay home mommy (AKA Tired housewife)

Welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mother to two active and often loud little girls and one precious little boy! They are truely amazing little people that have already mastered the art of pushing each others buttons and arguing. In between the chaos is two little girls that love to play together, do projects with one another, and dance around the room. Our son loves to follow his big sisters around and try to do everything they do! It is so precious to see the three of them together! Although I have often admitted that it is easier to work outside the home I would not trade my job for anything! It is the most rewarding and challenging job! However, at the end of the day their kisses and hugs cure all the stress and frustrations I may have felt at various times throughout the day. :)



I have an amazingly supportive husband! Our girls have him wrapped around their little fingers! I was so excited that our third was a little boy so I could have a mommies boy. :) My husband and I have been together for 8 fun, crazy and eventful years and are looking forward to many, many more.



Happy reading!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Finding the balance




You know, balancing a family, work, life, the house, kiddos activities and a husband is a lot of work! I have found some amazing ways to save time and money along the way--but I wished I had learned these tricks sooner!



Just recently I copied a friend and made all my food for about 3 weeks in one day......yes a FULL day of cooking! I had a great time and loved learning the recipes and even making everything with organic, healthy ingredients. I have never been happier to pull out dinner and feed my family a healthy, organic meal at the last minute. Not to mention, we eat more diverse foods and my kiddos are branching out. Nothing is better than that!




I also realized how much easier it is to get the laundry, and work done if i get up a couple hours before anyone else. I can throw in a load of laundry and then do my work on the computer with get this--no interruptions! I sometimes forget how nice a quiet house can be. Although, I have to admit that by the time I go to wake the children up for school I am more than ready to hear their beautiful little voices and start the never ending question answering that we refer to as motherhood! I get to help them pick out their clothes--and my opinion actually still matters to my ever independent little girls. I dread the day they think I am just old and out of touch with life....especially since I will have two teenage girls! I have also learned that spending quality time with the children means that when I need to work or have my own time they are more than accommodating! We have developed a routine of activities that the children love--ie craft day, cooking day, dress up day, etc. These special little moments with my children truly are the best moments of my day. I get to see each of them and their own, very unique personalities. Just today I had Sophia on one side painting a beautiful picture, where everything made sense. The grass was green, the sky was blue and the flowers were pink. On the other side I have Bella painting a picture in which everything is completely wrong. She has a purple ground, with blue trees and a orange sky. Then I have Evan who, at one, prefers to eat the paint! I know that in time Bella will reach the stage that Sophia is at and the moments of this colorful world will become "normal." I also know that Evan will eventually paint a picture and stop eating the paint...eventually! However, I am in no rush for them to grow up. They already do that on their own way too fast! Until then, I will enjoy their unique spots in life and cherish these amazing moments of childhood with them.




So, while my life can make me laugh, cry, smile, stress, worry and get angry about all in the same day, I would not trade it for anything! I have the most amazing 3 children in the world and being a mother and wife really is my greatest accomplishment! Although, finding a few ways to keep me sane is not cheating....is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment